[CLUE-Tech] EJB & SOAP IDL

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 14:58:15 MST 2002

I just luv PASL - Pure Acronym Subject Lines ;)

My fingers are worn out from searching, and I hope someone on the list can
point me to some references:

1>  I'm trying to find out exactly what component messaging protocol
Enterprise Java Beans uses:  CORBA? (SUN)-ish RPC? XML-RPC? Java
Serialization? SOAP?  Or can it be configured implementation?  I've found
plenty of info about EJB and how it 'fits in' - but I'm looking for a
little more detail on the communication between the client and server.

2>  I seem to recall (in my hazy insomnia-induced-reading-frenzies) that
there is something akin to IDL for SOAP.  That is to say a mechanism to
determine the interface available from a SOAP component, without of
course, seeing the code.  Is this true?  Can you throw an Acronym at me?

TIA.

=====
Keith E. Hellman
kehellman at yahoo.com