[CLUE-Tech] Samba-PDC/win2k help

Dan Harris coronadh at coronasolutions.com
Wed Feb 27 18:18:36 MST 2002

I'm having one of those days where I think I would have
been better of as a
taxidermist..

Anyway.. I have been running a Samba-as PDC for my NT/w2k
machines for a
year or so now.  I recently moved my samba services to a
new Red Hat 7.2
box.  With Samba 2.2.2 I cannot get my Win2k machines to
join my new
domain!  All the NT4 machines joined just fine.

I've been through all the expected steps, adding machine
users, smbpasswd,
etc... This isn't a RTFM kind of error..

When I try to make the 2k machines join, I get this: "The
specified user
does not exist.".  I found a lot (via google) of other
people had this same
problem but I haven't found any answers that fix it.

This has got to be a win2k kind of issue, as all the NT
machines join with
no problem, so I'm hoping one of you has fought this
battle before and
could help me keep what's left of my hair.

Thanks

-Dan