[CLUE-Tech] Sendmail and STARTTLS

ian iguy at ionsphere.org
Tue Jan 1 10:57:00 MST 2002

Better late than never.

EWWWW.  Sendmail bites with how it supports the latest standards in SMTP.

I fought with sendmail to get STARTTLS working properly for almost 8 days
(over 8 hours a day).

STARTTLS is compiled into the RH RPMS that come installed with the default
install.  You just have to make a certificate and then configure it in the
mc file and recreate the cf file.

Personally (off on a tangent now) if you want to do STARTTLS & SMTP AUTH
etc go with exim.  Amazingly easier to deal with on many levels than
sendmail.

ian