[CLUE-Tech] anyone know much about DSSSL?

Matt Gushee mgushee at hypermall.net
Sat Jan 5 00:32:13 MST 2002

James Clark does ;-)

Seriously, though, DSSSL, for all its power and flexibility, has never
been widely used or fully implemented.

Brandon N writes:
 > Has anyone here (Zonker?) done much with DSSSL?

I haven't done much, but possibly enough to be of some use.

 > I'm writing the
 > documentation for the phpGroupware Project and I need to change some of
 > the formating that it does in the default .dsl  Know of any good
 > primers, books or websites?

Last time I checked there were no books on DSSSL, period. Seems like
there was a decent Web tutorial by Paul Prescod (who's been a leading
SGML/XML developer for a long time), but I can't remember where it
is. I do remember it being helpful but not sufficient -- I ended up
having to read significant portions of the spec ... which you can
download from ... can't remember where. Great help, aren't I?

Hints for action:

* Check the Cover Pages, http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/sgml-xml.html
  You should be able to find a decent listing of DSSSL resources
  there.

* It helps if you already know Scheme or some form of LISP.

* If you have specific questions, I may be able to give you a hint or
  two.

Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO USA