[CLUE-Tech] (no subject)

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Sat Jan 12 19:27:55 MST 2002

On 01-12 19:05, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Collins Richey wrote:
>
> > Is the group exclusively linux, or is there any interest in postings related to FreeBSD or other *nix systems?
>
> I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't see any harm in
> expanding the dicussion to other Free Unices. (As long as
> it's not a "My UNIX is better than your UNIX" discussion...)

I wouldn't mind seeing the discussion expanded, either...and yes, a holy war
(even if it is a holy war about license types) would be detrimental and just
plain boring. I do know at least one chap, possible two, who might be
interested in going to the meetings if FreeBSD were in the mix...that's
purely anecdotal, of course, and maybe we don't *want* too many people
interested, since the space is just about filled to the rafters now?

> I don't recall ever hearing anyone say that it's strictly
> Linux-only.

Well, it does have Linux in the acronym. :) Maybe CFUE? Or CUUE? Certainly
clue-talk will permit it if politics is permitted there.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome