[CLUE-Tech] Hardware Questions

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sat Jan 12 21:06:25 MST 2002

On Saturday 12 January 2002 08:33 pm, JOEL COHEN wrote:
> Are you sure you want to build a new machine?

Yes.  IMHO - It is a waste of resources and creates massive pollution (on a
global scale) when folks 'throw away' their old boxes.

I would only replace motherboard, cpu and ram.  My box, HDD, tape drive,
video card, etc are all fine.

Finally, the boxes I have built are always 100% better than any 'complete
system' I have been forced to use at work.  Often the folks that build them
use the cheapest parts possible that fit the ordered spec.  Time and again, I
have had hardward configuration problems.

So, when you add all of these things up -- it is never 'cheaper' (in my mind)
to buy a 'complete' system.

Thanks for the comment, though!
Jeff