[CLUE-Tech] Kylix 2.0 Professional

Richard Knechtel krs3 at qwest.net
Sun Jan 13 14:28:09 MST 2002

Well, I for one sent Borland a nasty gram about this.
See below for the email I sent to them.

---- Email sent to Borland ----------

I just recently purchased Kylix, but as one who normally just clicks past
the "license agreement" sections of software I buy and install, I was
appalled to hear about this:
http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/369/

I feel Borland needs to revoke and re-write their license agreement. I
think I will be uninstalling Kylix and using some other development
platform until they do.  I WILL be paying more close attention to license
agreements. In fact, I will demand to see a copy of the agreement(s) prior
to purchasing a product in the future!

I will be making my employer aware of this agreement, since we heavily use
Borland products (Delphi 6 & JBuilder). I wonder if my employer will want
to dump using Borlands products once they know about this!

I just hope Borland changes their "Gestapo" tactics on this license!

Sincerley,
Richard Knechtel