[CLUE-Tech] HP laptop

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Wed Jan 16 12:29:40 MST 2002

My experience has been that Windows 2000 is the best of the Windows
family.  I have tuned mine (required work environment, none of my
personal machines use it) to the point where I have reduced crashes
requiring reboot to around 3 a day.  Before you blame this on my running
errant naughty applications, it is the copy of explorer handling the
desktop that locks.

Good news is that I can generally get to my other applications and exit
them gracefully before having to reboot forcefully.  Cygwin makes the
system almost useable.  I love grep.