[CLUE-Tech] HP laptop

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Wed Jan 16 14:40:28 MST 2002

Kevin Cullis wrote:

>Ed,
>
>And the REALLY bad part is that the salesperson on the phone told me
>that I had to have an OS on it for "Quality Assurance" to ensure that it
>works before it goes out the door. Sheeesh.....
>
>However, there is one issue that we may not have thought of: would you
>by a brand new car without an engine?  Just to put your own in?
>Essentials are required, accessories can be left off and thus lower the
>price.  That may be their comeback to our arguement.
>
>Kevin

Why don't they simplify this, and just charge the chipmakers the OS fee
for every chip they produce?  That would remove the need for the builder
to deal with it.  There would also be no pirated software, since Windows
and Office were already paid for as part of the price of the chip.  To
ensure that a propper fee has been paid, make sure to charge for the
most expensive versions of each.  If the chip makers don't agree to
this, simply put in code to disable the software on their chips.

Problem solved.