[CLUE-Tech] CLUE TWiki?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Jan 17 15:47:17 MST 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:59:37 -0700 (MST)
"Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jbrockmeier at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I've been experimenting with TWiki, a Wiki clone written in Perl,
> and have it set up on my Website at:
> http://www.dissociatedpress.net/twiki/bin/view.cgi/Main/WebHome
>
> I've set up a Wiki for Linux and *BSD, and I would be willing to set
> up a CLUE Wiki if anyone is interested.

I'd recommend folks give this a try. In addition to Zonker's mention of
the alpha install thread, we've had discussions of firewalling, Cisco
675/8 issues, links to hardware vendors, etc., all of which might be more
easily searched and utilized using Twiki than a mailing list archive.
Plus, with Twiki, there isn't the issue of repetitive quoting to wade
through for additional info.

Using Twiki wouldn't have to mean a dropoff in list activity, but if you
post a cool link to the list, why not stick it up there as well? We can
all use Google, or other websites to find vendors and other data, but I
can see the benefit of a list of links filtered by the experiences of
CLUEbies. This can extend to books, warez, whatever.

I'm quite curious to see how this would evolve given the <ahem>
interesting bunch of folks who are active in CLUE ;-).

Later,
jed

--
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it."