[CLUE-Tech] Stress testing

Dan Harris coronadh at coronasolutions.com
Wed Jan 16 15:10:43 MST 2002

The first thing I would check is hardware.  Are your CPU's overheating?  Are
you using dusty ram that was sitting in a closet somewhere? :)  Seriously,
thermal issues will cause these symptoms.  Pull of the heat sinks on the
CPU's and put some quality thermal grease in there, add a fan, etc..

-Dan

<quote who="MaziFarhang">
> Hi all,
>
> This is my first post, so please bear with me.  I am running a few
> machines with RH7.1 and I am having problems with one of them.  It
> freezes when it is put under a consistent (rather heavy) load.  The
> other machines, with the same type of setup, seem to do OK.  The
> problem is that I am not sure what component is actually causing the
> lockup.  I can't find anything in any of the logs that would give my
> some clue.  The screen also goes dead, so there is no info there.
>
> I was wondering whether there was a suite of tests available
> (preferably at little or no cost!!) whereby I would be able to test the
> various components of my system for failure.  I am mostly suspicious of
> the hard drive.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mazi Farhang
> TopoWeb.