[CLUE-Tech] Stress testing

MaziFarhang mazikhan at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 13:28:52 MST 2002

Hi all,

This is my first post, so please bear with me.  I am running a few machines with RH7.1 and I am having problems with one of them.  It freezes when it is put under a consistent (rather heavy) load.  The other machines, with the same type of setup, seem to do OK.  The problem is that I am not sure what component is actually causing the lockup.  I can't find anything in any of the logs that would give my some clue.  The screen also goes dead, so there is no info there.

I was wondering whether there was a suite of tests available (preferably at little or no cost!!) whereby I would be able to test the various components of my system for failure.  I am mostly suspicious of the hard drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mazi Farhang
TopoWeb.