[CLUE-Tech] CLUE TWiki?

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 16:25:51 MST 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Jed S. Baer wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:59:37 -0700 (MST)
> "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jbrockmeier at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > I've been experimenting with TWiki, a Wiki clone written in Perl,
> > and have it set up on my Website at:
> > http://www.dissociatedpress.net/twiki/bin/view.cgi/Main/WebHome
>
> Ya know, I had never heard of this. The only Twiki I was aware of was
> confirmed by your button-link graphics. My first reaction to seeing it
> again was "RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!"

Yes, the people who wrote TWiki chose to use the Twiki from Buck
Rodgers as their logo. Mel Blanc was one of the voices for Twiki,
so he can't be all bad...

A Wiki is an online collaboration system. The first one was called
Wiki, taken from the Hawaiian phrase "wiki wiki" meaning "quick."

> At least it doesn't look like a Tele-Tubby. Hmmm, chrome vs. fur. It ain't
> that far off.
>
> > If there's interest I'll add a CLUE Web to the site for people to
> > contribute to, or if anyone has questions about setting it up
> > for their own use. It's a fairly nice collaboration tool, and dead
> > easy to set up.
>
> I've wondered, occasionally, how well a weblog would work for CLUE
> discussions. SlashCLUE anyone? Err, TwiKLUE?

It's not really a weblog, more like an online whiteboard with
revision control. Not so much for discussions (like this one)
but for collaboration on mutual interests -- like setting up
the Alphas or issues with Red Hat or the latest kernel.

TWiki is a pretty nifty system for producing FAQs and docs, and
has a very simple markup called GoodStyle that's easy to learn.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/