[CLUE-Tech] PostgreSQL: psql dry heaves (no usable error message)

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Jan 18 19:33:29 MST 2002

I'll take a guess, this looks different than what I used to see using Oracle.
Have you tried changing things at random to see if the error message changes?
<ducks, runs>

"Jed S. Baer" wrote:

[...]

>   constraint job_tax_type_chk
>     check (
>       ( perm_flag and (tax_type = 'W2')
>       ) OR
>       ( (NOT perm_flag)
>         AND (tax_type in ('1099','C2C')
>       )
> )

Looks like you're missing 2 closing parens at the end here.  By your
indenting, you need one to close the line starting with AND, and one to close
the check clause (the last one closes the create table clause).

I hope that's it.