[CLUE-Tech] PostgreSQL: psql dry heaves (no usable error message)

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Jan 18 19:46:50 MST 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:33:29 -0700
Dave Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

> I'll take a guess, this looks different than what I used to see using
> Oracle.
> Have you tried changing things at random to see if the error message
> changes?
> <ducks, runs>

Actually, it looks remarkably like what you'd feed to Oracle, with the
exception of the "text" data-type. In Oracle you'd use a varchar2().

> >   constraint job_tax_type_chk
> >     check (
> >       ( perm_flag and (tax_type = 'W2')
> >       ) OR
> >       ( (NOT perm_flag)
> >         AND (tax_type in ('1099','C2C')
> >       )
> > )
>
> Looks like you're missing 2 closing parens at the end here.  By your
> indenting, you need one to close the line starting with AND, and one to
> close
> the check clause (the last one closes the create table clause).

Yep. I guess I was just staring at it for too long. (Couple other errors
in there too.)

Thanks.
jed
--
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it."