[CLUE-Tech] Favorite HTTP stress testing tool(s)?

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 24 12:41:28 MST 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Michael Robbert wrote:

> I've always heard that Seti at Home works great for testing CPU and memory at least. It has
> Linux command line and Windows versions. I think that there may be a MS command line
> version as well.
>
> * Sean LeBlanc (seanleblanc at attbi.com) wrote:
> > Does anyone have any favorite stress testing tools - preferably UNIX/Linux
> > open source command line...and if it builds under Cygwin, so much the
> > better...no UNIX currently on-site. :( That is going to be changing at some
> > point, but not anytime soon.

The subject line says HTTP stress-testing, so I'll suggest httperf.
I wrote a few columns on it for UnixReview.com last year, you can find the
first here:
http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=1235/urm0105q/

I don't know if it will build under Cygwin, but it's worth a shot.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books... Men
should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives
and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I
can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- James Stewart