[CLUE-Tech] Favorite HTTP stress testing tool(s)?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Thu Jan 24 22:07:52 MST 2002

On 01-24 12:41, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Michael Robbert wrote:
>
> > I've always heard that Seti at Home works great for testing CPU and memory at least. It has
> > Linux command line and Windows versions. I think that there may be a MS command line
> > version as well.
> >
> > * Sean LeBlanc (seanleblanc at attbi.com) wrote:
> > > Does anyone have any favorite stress testing tools - preferably UNIX/Linux
> > > open source command line...and if it builds under Cygwin, so much the
> > > better...no UNIX currently on-site. :( That is going to be changing at some
> > > point, but not anytime soon.
>
> The subject line says HTTP stress-testing, so I'll suggest httperf.
> I wrote a few columns on it for UnixReview.com last year, you can find the
> first here:
> http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=1235/urm0105q/
>
> I don't know if it will build under Cygwin, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, it builds, but doesn't run. I get some
cryptic 106 error. I sure can't wait to get UNIX of some sort in the
workplace. There is an old box sitting there just begging for Linux or
FreeBSD to be put on it. :)

I've gotten some other suggestions from other folks too, but so far they all
have issues with running under Windoze right now, so if you or anyone else
have any other ideas, let me know.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome