[CLUE-Tech] Easiest DHCP

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 24 12:51:38 MST 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Steve wrote:

> I have Mandrake 7.2 but I'm thinking of upgrading to 8.1 or actually changing it
> all together to Red Hat 7.1 like Chris...Red Hat is one distro I've yet to
> try....imagine that.  As far as setup...I've had on static IP address through a
> LAN before but I think I need to have it on a cable setting which is what I have
> it on now with the DHCP setup.  I know for sure that the ethernet card works
> because it's the same one I was using with the static IP address setup months ago
> and it was still through AT&T's @home service.  It worked with SuSE but when I
> tried installing SuSE to get the internet going it still didn't work.

I'd recommend doing the upgrade if you're considering it anyway. It will likely
solve your problem, and I believe the setup has changed a bit from 7.2 to
8.1.

What type of Ethernet card do you have?

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books... Men
should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives
and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I
can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- James Stewart