[CLUE-Tech] Linux on i386

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Thu Jan 24 22:06:58 MST 2002

Does anyone have any experience putting Linux on an i386?

I've got an old i386 laptop:

	AST Advantage! NB-SX25
	640 KB RAM
	61 MB HD

Is it possible?

I know there are some micro distributions out there.  Has anyone
played with any of them?

I've messed around with LRP stuff, and for a while my firewall/router
was running off a floppy.

This would be novelty project for me, as the thing couldn't do much.

No CDROM, can't put a NIC in it, etc...  It does have 9600 baud modem,
and I could network via the serial port.

I could maybe turn it into a "portable computer/network diagnostic toolbox".

Would this be a canidate for the CLUE Install Fest?

--

Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg