[CLUE-Tech] Newbie - Installation RH 7.2 - Unable to access CD ROM

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Thu Jan 24 22:32:05 MST 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Bennie Bub wrote:

> So, I used RAWRITE to create an boot image on a Linux Boot Floppy but still
> cannot access the Installation CD to do go further.
>
> Question 1:  Where do I get and how do I install and use, an appropriate
> Plextor or "generic" CD driver to be able to access the CD to install Linux
> cleanly on the new drive without booting to C: i.e. Windows?

Did you create a second installation disk?  RH7.1 (probably 7.2 as well)
has a second installation floppy (the "Supplemental Floppy") that should
have the drivers you need for your CDROM.

I'm suprised they were not on the first, as they typically try to get you onto
your CDROM early in the installation process.  However, I've not done a RH7.2
install...yet.

> Question 2:  What problems would I run into if I installed Linux on the new
> drive after having first booted into Windows.

Sorry, I can't help you there.

--

Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg