[CLUE-Tech] Easiest DHCP

Chris r0x0rman at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 11:46:25 MST 2002

Yeah its just based on your nic's MAC id. I think dhcpcd sends out the nic's
MAC by default thats why you only have to use 'dhcpcd' now instead of
'dhcpcd -h hostname'.  If you have purchased additional ip addresses, then
you can hook up more than one computer at one time.  Some people can just
plug in any computer and it will work.  Sometimes you have to go to the SAS
registration page and register your computers.  Its really quick and easy.
The registration page for Colorado is.  https://sas.r4.attbi.com

Were not doing anything like Comcast is doing.  Maybe they will once the
merge is completed.  I'm only level 1 customer support :/ but if you guys
have any questions I can ask the upper levels.  During the migration from
@home we created an in house tier 2 project and I was on that so I know some
people at our TASC department and the NOC.  It amazing how differently
people treat you when you say you are tier 2 support.  One guy made me laugh
so hard by saying they should rename tier 1 to tier -1.  Then you have to
love the people that call in and tell you all their credentials and expect
you to treat them differently.  Like the people that call in "I'm and MCSE
so lets cut to the chase.  You tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it
you don't have to baby me."  At this point I say to myself, "ok, I need to
treat this person as if he has never used a computer before."  Its always
the same situation.  Me: ok tell me what your ip address is.  Them in an
exasperated voice: How would I know that! Your supposed to know!  Me: I need
you to try to release/renew.  Them: How do I do that?  Me: