[CLUE-Tech] Linux on i386

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Sun Jan 27 08:35:13 MST 2002

On 01-25 07:57, ian wrote:
> I don't believe Linux (any version) is supported on the 386sx chip.  I thought
> it had to be a full blown 386 or better?

FWIW, FreeBSD supports the 386sx. It says this in the 4.4 hardware notes:

FreeBSD for the i386 currently runs on a wide variety of ISA, VLB, EISA,
MCA and PCI bus based PC's, ranging from 386sx to Pentium 4 class machines
(though the 386sx is not recommended).

However, I think you need at least 5M to install and 4M to run.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome