[CLUE-Tech] using DUMP

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Sun Jan 27 17:06:45 MST 2002

I'm actually using dump, that's how I was able to answer your question so quickly. My
scripts need to use the non-rewinding device so I can put multiple partitions on one tape.
I have considered Amanda though. I just haven't found the time or a compelling reason to
throw out the scripts that I inherited. I'm getting a new server soon though and may have a
need for network backups so that may be my reason to try amanda.