[CLUE-Tech] Lousy no-good @!$#%@#$% (cracked)

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon Jan 28 22:26:55 MST 2002

Just my 2 cents, but I also had a Red Hat 6.1 system cracked, and 6.2.
The crackers got in through the ftp service.  I had to blow the boxes
out because they changed the sticky bits on a lot of executables, and I
don't know enough about system security to resecure the box.  But, once
I did redo the box with 6.2, I immediately downloaded the latest ftp rpm
from Red Hat, and ever since then, I've been paying very close attention
to security alerts all around, and haven't been cracked since.