[CLUE-Tech] apache fun stuff

Todd A. Gibson tgibson at augustcouncil.com
Wed Jan 30 21:14:46 MST 2002

> I found
> a log in /etc/httpd/logs, and it said that it couldn't bind to port
> 80... Why?  I'm still not sure, but I commented out the line in
> httpd.conf that said "Listen 80", and everything is fine, and it does in
> fact listen on 80, so I'm not sure what was wrong, or why it
> complained.

Ah, that tastes familiar.  I looked in my config file and found that I
had also commented it out when I upgraded to 7.2.  However, I didn't
take my usual notes so I can't quite remember the reason that I found
for commenting it out.

It might have had something to do with either VirtualHosts or with SSL.

-TAG