[CLUE-Tech] CLUE: DSL - PCISYS

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Tue Jul 2 21:54:36 MDT 2002

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, David Anselmi wrote:

> Randy Arabie wrote:
> >
> > My uptimes are good.  It does go down occaisionally (< 2hrs.), but I suspect
> > it may be the 50 yr. old patchwork of phone wires in my home.  If I'm home I
> > can reboot my CISCO 678 and the connection comes right back up.  If I'm not
> > home...well, it has always just come back up.
>
> If you're not home, ssh into your linux box, telnet to your modem and
> reboot it from the command line (or just retrain it).  You'll probably
> lose your connection, but no sweat.  Rebooting from the command line
> will also tell you if you have unsaved config that will be lost :-)

If I'm not home, then the only way to ssh into my linux box is across the
net and through the modem...which in the context of my problem...no longer
has a connection up with my ISP.

David - Are you thinking straight tonight ;-)

The procedure you describe is exactly what I do...when I am home and I can
telnet to the modem across my LAN.
--
Cheerio!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg