[CLUE-Tech] cable modem question

Chris r0x0rman at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 13 15:27:12 MDT 2002

You can reset the modem by yourself by unplugging the modem from the power
source for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.  The light that represents
your connection to AT&T's network needs to come on solid.  RCA=cable light,
SBx100=online light, linksys=status light.  Oh and you do not need to name
your pc the name that AT&T gave you in the past.  Anything will do.  If you
guys ever want to swap out a modem or nic you can go to
https://sas.r4.attbi.com and enter your account # and registration code.
Registration code is the last nine digits of your account number.  If you do
not know your account # look on your bill, give AT&T a call or go to
https://help.broadband.att.com/findaccountnumber.jsp.  If you are doing a
modem swap you can do it yourself, but you want to make sure to give AT&T a
call so that they can arrange getting their modem back and putting you on
the correct billing code.