[CLUE-Tech] Swapping MB/CPU/RAM

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Mon Jul 15 09:58:57 MDT 2002

As long as you didnt' compile it all sorts of wierd stuff that linux won't
know about once you switch, it should be fine.  I've swapped out lots of
stuff under linux before and have had to work fine.  My most recent was

Orig:
Duron 900 MHz on Gigabyte board
Symbios SCSI (for the boot drive)
64 MB Nvidia Geforce2 card
Cmedia sound

New:
Dual PII 400 MHz
Adaptec SCSI
8 MB ATI
Yamaha PCI audio
and it booted, and ran.  Woo! I had to tweak X and sound, but still:
windows wouldn't have done that.

Adam

--
Adam Bultman