[CLUE-Tech] Swapping MB/CPU/RAM

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Jul 15 21:47:03 MDT 2002

Jeffery Cann wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I am going to swap my MB, CPU, and RAM in my workstation.  Currently, I am
> running a Pentium II.  I'll be upgrading to a P4 (I have a 400 W power supply,
> so I don't need to upgrade it).  I am not planning to reinstall the OS because
> I am using the same drive for now.

The new board is probably ATX.  If your p/s isn't, you'll have trouble.
  If your case isn't, the connectors may not line up right.  Linux
shouldn't care.

I think you'll see a more noticable jump in performance if you upgrade
the HD to ATA-100 or Ultra-wiz-bang SCSI than from more memory and RAM.
  Let me know if I'm wrong, it certainly depends on what you use it for.