[CLUE-Tech] Converting ext2 to ext3

Warren warren at guano.org
Thu Jul 18 03:44:59 MDT 2002

Not sure if this has been a topic before, but how easy is it to convert
a partition from ext2 to ext3 (and back again if necessary)?

Do you use 'tune2fs -J' or 'mke2fs -J'

I'm experimenting with the XOSL bootloader, and it doesn't seem to want
to boot linux from an ext3-type partition...well, I think that might be
the case.

So, I installed /boot to an ext2-type, and it boots fine.  Now, I want
to convert it to ext3 and see if it will still work.

I could try it and see, but it's late and I'm taking the lazy way out
and asking.

 --

 </W>