[CLUE-Tech] Stumping the stiffs II: Cabbages and Kings

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Thu Jul 18 12:41:23 MDT 2002

The prize this time is a 128Mb PC-100 DIMM.  The best complete and
usable answer in 24 hours wins.  Prize delivered at the next CLUE
meeting.  My name is David.  I'll be wearing a red fedora.

1.  There are idle connections showing up in my 'who' output.  I know
they're idle, they're my connections.  How do I get control of those
sessions to gracefully 'exit' them?

2.  If I 'dd if=/dev/cdrom of=~/cd-image.iso', do I get a valid
ISO-image of the cd inserted in /dev/cdrom?

Other Stuph:
1. As the only bidder for the memory, Mic Stremel is now the proud owner
of two 128MB PC-100 DIMMs for $15.  Such a deal you're getting here
today!
2. Randy, thanks for coming to the thing yesterday, you added a lot of
fun and knowledge to the mix.

David Willson