[CLUE-Tech] Moving files from one system to another

bof bof at pcisys.net
Fri Jul 19 13:05:53 MDT 2002

David Anselmi wrote:

> Which is easiest depends on what's installed, what can be installed,
> and what you know how to use.
>
> What have you thought of so far?  Probably that will be fine, but
> we'll speak up if it's really silly. :-)

Here's that I finally did. These were two machines, one KRDU 7.2, one
KRUD 7.3. I didn't want to fiddle with NFS, so I thought I would use rcp
as the copy command -- it looked like the easiest to set up.
Unfortunately, after I set things up, while I could rlogin, I got a
"connection denied" when I tried using rcp.

So I gave up and installed ssh and then used the scp command. Took about
20 minutes to copy all the files.

Thanks for the help, all who replied.

BOF