[CLUE-Tech] Moving files from one system to another

bof bof at pcisys.net
Thu Jul 18 18:00:14 MDT 2002

David Anselmi wrote:

> Here are 3 options:
>
> - package them into an archive, send it (ftp or whatever), unpack
>
> - use a network aware copy program that does recursive copies (scp,
> rcp, wget, rsync)
>
> - mount the destination filesystem over the network (smb, nfs,
> probably others--afs?)

Since I'm connecting two Linux boxes, and I don't want to set up nfs, I
believe I will try option 2 and use rcp. However, I'm having some
trouble getting it to work.

Here's the problem:

I can rlogin to either box from the other and wander around the various
directories. But when I try to copy a file from one box to the other
using the rcp command, I get a "connection refused" message.

I don't see any error messages in my logs as to what is going on.

Can anyone help?

BOF