[CLUE-Tech] who command, what is says

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Wed Jul 31 21:48:10 MDT 2002

David,

The below "listing" was just an example, not the actual stuff.  The ???
DOES have his name show up and there are different login times for each.

Yes, I'm aware of the xterms logins because I've seen it on my machine
at home, but the one at work shows root and his name causing me to
question it.  My wife has a her own Linux login (can you believe my wife
is getting geekier, woo hoo!) but I don't see her name during the who
command.  That's why the question below.

While I'm not too concerned, I'm just trying to understand what it
means.  I've done a ps to see if he was running anything, but nothing
showed up with his name and doing a ps command didn't show anything
either.

Thanks.

Kevin