Replys with broken HTML see [Re: [CLUE-Tech] Re: "Hmm... I I disagree."]

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Mon Jun 3 09:09:51 MDT 2002

* Sean LeBlanc (seanleblanc at attbi.com) wrote:
> On 05-24 15:05, Tim Harris wrote:
>
> in their reply, too, so it was twice the irritation. :) Anyone using Mutt
> that knows of a good way to view HTML messages if they have to? I'd
> especially like something that made the text readable WITHOUT fetching
> images, since that is one way spammers can track how many people are reading
> their mail...

I use Mutt and view the HTML inline in my text window although I have also in
the past had it setup to launch Galeon, but that got anoying. I have got a line
in my .muttrc with "auto_view text/html" and in /etc/mailcap I have the line:
text/html; /usr/bin/links --dump %s ; copiousoutput
No images, just text output of the HTML.

--
Michael "Murph" Robbert
System Administrator for Math/CS
Pager: 303-461-6543 or Text messages: murph_pager at bigfoot.com