[CLUE-Tech] Re: Mutt [Was: Replys with broken HTML]

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Sun Jun 9 09:56:39 MDT 2002

On 06-03 09:09, Michael Robbert wrote:
> * Sean LeBlanc (seanleblanc at attbi.com) wrote:
> > On 05-24 15:05, Tim Harris wrote:
> >
> > in their reply, too, so it was twice the irritation. :) Anyone using Mutt
> > that knows of a good way to view HTML messages if they have to? I'd
> > especially like something that made the text readable WITHOUT fetching
> > images, since that is one way spammers can track how many people are reading
> > their mail...
>
> I use Mutt and view the HTML inline in my text window although I have also in
> the past had it setup to launch Galeon, but that got anoying. I have got a line
> in my .muttrc with "auto_view text/html" and in /etc/mailcap I have the line:
> text/html; /usr/bin/links --dump %s ; copiousoutput
> No images, just text output of the HTML.

Thanks, this works like a champ, and I can now read email from the uncaring
and the ignorant...not that it's always worth the effort. Now, if I could
just get a macro to put top-posts into the correct format. :) Who knows,
maybe one exists. I may even ask on the Mutt mailing list.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome