[CLUE-Tech] RE: CLUE-Tech digest, Vol 1 #673 - 6 msgs

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Jun 4 13:38:22 MDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 13:03, Jason Canney wrote:
> Thanks Ed.
>
> I don't see any mention on these sites, or on the red hat site, for US
> Robotics support.  I'm a big U.S. Rob. fan,,,, any insight on their support
> in redhat?
>
> Have you had any linux luck with the PCI-adapter cards?
> <http://www.usrobotics.com/products/networking/wireless-product.asp?sku=USR2
> 415>   <----specifically
>
> This is the router I'm looking at.
> <http://www.usrobotics.com/products/networking/router-product.asp?sku=USR801
> 1>

My only experience with USR hardware for Linux was an external modem.

I would imagine that their 802.11b access point would work with Linux
only because most do.  But I've never used one so I can't say for sure.

And for their PCI wireless adapter they provide the following Linux
drivers:

http://www.usrobotics.com/support/doc-popup-template.asp?url=/support/s-wireless/s-wireless-drivers.htm

But be careful.  They claim the drivers are beta-quality (they are just
re-distributing *older* versions of the linux-wlan-ng source tarballs,
after all) and they offer no guarantees that it will work.

good luck,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD    |  Email:       ed at eh3.com, ehill at mines.edu