[CLUE-Tech] Floppy Install of RedHat 5.0 on 386, 80mb HD, no CDROM

Keith Christian keithchristian at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 07:01:05 MDT 2002

Anyone know of a how-to or other info explaining how to install from
floppies onto an older 386?  I have a RedHat 5.0 CD but the computer
has no CD, no network card, and is an older 386 (another reason I'm
going to use an old distribution since some newer kernels require 486
or Pentium class CPU's.)

Boot and Root disks work fine on the machine but now, what's the best
way to install a minimal Linux system using floppies?  It does have a
serial port, are there any install procedures that use that?