[CLUE-Tech] Another Vim config problem

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Wed Jun 5 14:37:06 MDT 2002

Hi, all--

Well, I've now got ViM 6.1 running on 2 of my three Linux boxen. It's
cool. But I'm having a weird config problem.

I tried all the color schemes from the package, didn't find any of them
perfect, so I created my own, called 'midnight'. It's really just the
foreground colors from the 'blue' color scheme combined with the
background colors from the 'darkblue' scheme. I put the new file,
'midnight.vim' in ~/.vim/colors/, and put the command 'colors midnight'
in ~/.vimrc . Before I did this, GVim would come up with a white
background. Now, :colors midnight works from the Vim command line; a
'midnight' item appears on the color scheme menu, and loads the midnight
color scheme, *but*:

When I start up GVim, it doesn't load the midnight scheme--it seems to
load 'blue'!

Any idea WTF is going on here?

--
Matt Gushee