[CLUE-Tech] problems getting X to start

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Fri Jun 7 16:49:06 MDT 2002

This is one of the reasons I don't use debian.  You install, and major
things like this come out of the box broken. SSH is another thing I can't
seem to get installed with debian.  Perhaps my installation technique
(select EVERYTHING) is somehow missing it.

Regardless, I can fire up another X session by doing this:

<fire up terminal>
export DISPLAY=:1
X :1 &
<back to terminal>
exec wmaker &

I imagine you could do it with X :0 if you wanted, and export DISPLAY=:0

When I do this, I get two separate wmaker sessions. Woo!

Adam

-- Adam Bultman
adam at glaven.org
[ http://www.glaven.org ]