[CLUE-Tech] Debian package build problem

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Fri Jun 7 20:36:11 MDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 08:05:20PM -0600, Timothy C. Klein wrote:

> > Anybody have much experience building Debian packages? I am trying to
> > build ViM 6.1 on two machines running Potato. The first one went fine,
> > and produced the following packages:

> I build the occasional Debian package, but I am not expert.  How did you
> tell it to build the packages?  I find dpkg-buildpackage to be handy,
> because I goof up the steps if I do it by hand sometimes.
>
> I would guess that the version of the Vim package you are trying to
> compile is too new for the second machine, and thus is using options to
> the packaging tools that the older version does not recognize.

You must not have seen the post where I said I'd figgered it out. Oh
well, thanks anyway.

Your guess, by the way is more or less right. I found out I had
different versions of dpkg-dev (which includes dpkg-buildpackage and
dpkg-genchanges) on the two machines. Upgraded the older one and it
went fine.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA