[CLUE-Tech] Hacking?

David Snyder SnyderD-Lists at snydersweb.com
Sat Jun 8 10:47:05 MDT 2002

Adam Bultman wrote:

You said most requests are coming from 24.141.100.20, but there were
more?  Other ones from that IP block under cgocable.net?
host 24.141.100.20
20.100.141.24.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
d141-100-20.home.cgocable.net.
[snyderd at Popeye snyderd]$ whois -h whois.geektools.com 24.141.100.20
[whois.geektools.com]
Query:     24.141.100.20
Registry:  whois.arin.net
Results:
Cogeco Cable Systems (NETBLK-CGOC) CGOC            24.141.0.0 -
24.141.255.255
Cogeco Cable Solutions (NETBLK-CGOC-HATO1-1) CGOC-HATO1-1
                                                  24.141.96.0 -
24.141.111.255

When I telnetted to that URL, it gave me:

    Trying 208.48.65.12...
    Connected to www.spotlife.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK