[CLUE-Tech] Hacking?

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Sat Jun 8 20:49:56 MDT 2002

> You said most requests are coming from 24.141.100.20, but there were
> more?  Other ones from that IP block under cgocable.net?

There were somewhere around 1900 hosts, although those might be spoofed.

> these IPs?
>
> You might be able to write/call cogeco.net and talk w/them or email
> their abuse desk (abuse at cogeco.net).

Hee hee, because of problems, their phone lines are down. I tried calling
around 5 am this morning (for MI).  I counted the hits to this web site
over the past 5 weeks: Close to a million (953,083). That's for a site
that is not a production web server, and gets traffic from me and only me
every few days.  And even then, it's almost nothing.  That's an enourmouse
amount of traffic, eh?

Anyway, stopping apache stops it..

Anyway, Iv'e got go search out this problem.  The fishy thing is that it's
going to my server, and then someone's asking for another site.  It's
almost like some people are trying to use me as aproxy.

Adam