[CLUE-Tech] Grepping bzipped files

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Wed Jun 12 08:56:45 MDT 2002

> Ever consider using glimpse?  I am pretty that glimpse can handle bzip2
> files (I know it can handle gzip, and can accept custom handlers for
> just about any other type of file).

Following up to my own post, I was looking around on my system and
noticed that I do not have glimpse installed anymore.  I did some
followup and discovered that the licensing for glimpse has changed to
the point of making it Debian incompatible.

Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for glimpse without the
obnoxious license?

-Dale

--
Now playing:
Violent Femmes - Freak Magnet - (8) - Mosh Pit

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al