[CLUE-Tech] my ongoing quest

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Jun 14 08:47:26 MDT 2002

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:58:21 -0600
David Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

> Mike Staver wrote:
> >
> > My only other major issue is this: I still have all the boxes on our
> > network authenticating against this stupid Windows 2000 Active
> > Directory server.  So, I'd have to set up this new mail server so that
> > sendmail knows which accounts have access to it and all that.  Has
> > anyone done this before?
>
> Samba can be a PDC.  As of 9 months ago it didn't do much with AD, but
> it might now.  Even if it can't be an account server, maybe the client
> tools can do what you want.  There are also two Samba projects (is the
> other Samba-ng?) and the fork seemed very interested in AD support so be
> sure to look at both.

Dunno exactly how it would work, but OpenLDAP probably has all the glue
you need for authentication (active directory is LDAP).

> Sorry I don't have a shrink-wrapped answer.

You have a CD burner? Some Saran Wrap? ;-)

--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5