[CLUE-Tech] Laptop for Installfest

Kurt Sturm hezzdown at globalynk2000.com
Sun Jun 16 15:16:41 MDT 2002

Hello all, here is a question for anyone willing to take a crack at. I
have a Dell Latitude CS 500 MHz Pentium 3 Laptop. I would like to
install my copy of Mandrake 8.2 on it. But here is where it may get a
little sketchy.

The laptop has external CD ROM and Floppy drive. Under windows you just
execute a program that lets you hot swap the devices. There is only one
port so either the CD ROM can be connected or the Floppy can be
connected, both can not be plugged in at the same time.

I was thinking about attending an installfest, to see if this can be
done. But I don't want to waste peoples valuable time if it cannot be
accomplished. Any thoughts on this one?