[CLUE-Tech] Laptop for Installfest

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sun Jun 16 16:34:28 MDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 15:16, Kurt Sturm wrote:
> Hello all, here is a question for anyone willing to take a crack at. I
> have a Dell Latitude CS 500 MHz Pentium 3 Laptop. I would like to

> The laptop has external CD ROM and Floppy drive. Under windows you just
> execute a program that lets you hot swap the devices. There is only one
> port so either the CD ROM can be connected or the Floppy can be
> connected, both can not be plugged in at the same time.

Hi Kurt,

Individually, the CDROM and floppy will almost certainly work with Linux
though the hot-swap capability may not work.  Though I can't give you a
definite answer, I can direct you to some better places to look such as:

  http://www.linux-laptop.net/
  http://lhd.datapower.com/

For information specific to your Dell, look at:

  http://www.digitaltsunami.net/linux/dellcsx.html

and

where the Linux-Dell-laptops email list is probably a better place to
send your hot-swap question.

hth,
Ed

--