[CLUE-Tech] Qwest Voice Message to Disk??

Richard Knechtel rknech at pcisys.net
Thu Jun 20 18:19:07 MDT 2002

Here is how I do it.  I went to the Westminister mall, go to the store
called "Upper Edge Security" (Frank Brown is the owner).  They sell
Telephone Record Coupler's (Model TRX 20 3.5mm) (Black).  They plug into
your phone handset and has a jack to plug into a tape recorder or in your
case a sound card audio in jack.  Then start up your favorite  audio
recording software under Linux.  Then play the message of the voice
messaging system and it will record into the program. Then save it out and
burn it!   I use the coupler for saving messages like that. Or record
<cough, cough> phone conversations <cough, cough>. :^)

HTH

Regards,
Richard Knechtel