[CLUE-Tech] Linux hosting provider -> cheap

Gary Threlkeld gthrelk at attbi.com
Wed Jun 26 09:45:15 MDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffery Cann" <jc_cann at yahoo.com>
To: <clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 10:08 PM
Subject: [CLUE-Tech] Linux hosting provider -> cheap

> Greetings.
>
> Using DevShed's Hosting Search form:
>
>  + http://www.devshed.com/Hosting_Search/?pgid=sp&fg=1
>
> I found an interesting hosting provider -- http://www.2MHost.com/.  They
are
> running RH Linux servers and are inexpensive with many features.  Looking
for
> feedback.  I am interested because of the price (reseller is an
inexpensive
> option), but the web site has some warning signs -- such as lack of real
> address.  The domain name was registered in 1999.  Their 'Corporate Info'
link
> lists only their server specifications.
>
> I did send information request for more corporate information.
>
> As anyone used this firm?
>
> Thanks.
> Jeff
>
> =====

Jeff -

Looks like a good entry-level site although I have not had experience with
them.

As per usual, I guess its viability depends upon your needs.  I've used
another Linux-based web host www.itxdesign.com and, althought more expensive
$8.95/mo for the base cost - several features are included IF those are of
interest to you that 2MHost may require extra charges.

Quick but NOT exhaustive info on ITXDesign for comparison:

Positives to ITXDesign
Static IP address
MySQL databases included
SSH free on-request
Support for several "common" packages
Web Email
100 MB space
Available "but spotty" online helpdesk (often closed).  Incident tracking of
email correspondence.

Negatives to ITXDesign
Metered usage 2000 MB / mo
As far as I can tell, only anonymous FTP
No multiple logon IDs
Domain name extra
Subdomains extra

Good Luck in your hunt!