[CLUE-Tech] Motherboards (Michael Burton)

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Jun 26 13:15:26 MDT 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:45:33 -0600
"Michael Burton" <wondervu at hotmail.com> wrote:

> How necessary is it really to have a "compatible" motherboard?  I am
> shopping and it has been exremely hard to find what I want, that is also
> LINUX compatible.

Well, you'd have to define "compatible", I guess. The chipset has to be
supported by the kernel. Most are. If it has any onboard components, like
video or sound, those need to have compatible drivers. I haven't found it
hard to find mobos when I've been shopping for them. Are you looking for
something that has a "Linx compatible" stamp on it someplace?

--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5